If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy you are not alone. This can happen to women of all ages and stages in their life. About half the women in the USA witness unplanned pregnancy in their life. While it still can be a surprise for many and a shock for the most. It is ok to feel scared and confused about it. Pregnancy is something that can affect your entire life ahead.
You should know and understand all your options while you are trying to make a decision. In this blog, we will discuss what can be your unplanned pregnancy options while facing such a situation and how to deal with it.
What can be your options?
An unexpected pregnancy can catch you off-guard. You may feel like you don’t have many options and it’s just going to wipe off all your life plans. You may feel lost and scared and have no idea where to start let alone where you are going. But there are options available to select from what is good for your life. Below we discuss a few things you should know and have an idea about.
What is Abortion:
Abortion is a termination of pregnancy. It can be done by medication and surgical method. While you can’t be hasty about your decision you can’t take forever to make this choice either. If you decide to do an abortion it has to be done in the first trimester of your pregnancy. The sooner you come to make your mind, the better.
You can do medical abortion within the first 8 weeks of the pregnancy. You may buy abortion pills online and do them in the privacy of your home under the guidance of your physician. You can also go for surgical abortion if your pregnancy period extend by 56 days or more. It is done in the clinic by a doctor using anesthetic and medical instruments.
What other things should you take care of?
Irrespective of what option you choose, you have to keep few things in mind when you get to know about your pregnancy, as listed below.
- Take a blood pregnancy test or ultrasound to know how long you have in case you are thinking about pregnancy.
- Schedule regular meetings with the doctor as proper medical attention is necessary for both mother-to-be and a child to make sure there are no complications in the pregnancy.
- Find caring and nonjudgmental listening ears. It can be the father of your baby, friend, or family. There will be a lot of hormonal changes in your body and may become an emotional wreck. In such a time having non-judgemental support and understanding people will help you stay sane.
- You can also ask your doctor to assign you a counselor. In case you find it difficult to express your emotions to anyone you know or feeling depressed or just need to talk about it.
- If you have smoking, drinking, or drug consumption habits, you should stop them immediately. Start gentle exercises. It may be just a walk around the block.
- Start taking vitamins and folic acid supplements regularly as they help in the healthy growth of the fetus.
It is okay to feel guilty and confused when something big like this hits you. Keep in mind that it is human to make mistakes. It is important not to add to it out of guilt and pressure. Do what’s right for you after you carefully think about other important factors like, education, career, financial status, responsibilities, lifestyle changes, etc.